Essex County Track & Field
Coaches Association Inc.
A 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Non-Profit Organization
Sending your Roster as an Email Attachment
HOW TO CREATE YOUR ROSTER IN HYTEK LITE AND THEN EMAIL IT!
HOW TO CREATE YOUR ROSTER IN HYTEK LITE:
1. On the T&F TEAM MANAGER Main Menu Page select TEAMS from the top menu bar. On the page that opens select ADD from the top menu bar. Enter the information you feel is necessary for your use on the page that opens. Be sure to use your state code as your CODE. If you don't know your teams code go to NJSIAA's webite at NJSIAA@.org and look it up.. When you are done on this page, click on the icon on the top left. This will bring you back to the programs Main Menu Page. For "short" name use your school name without "High School"after it. Don't use mascot names like "The Raiders" You do not need to fill in the mailing information or the Telephone information unless it means something to you. When you are done click on the blue or black "X" in the upper right hand corner.
2. Now select ATHLETES from the top menu bar on the home page of the program. On the page that opens select ADD from the top menu bar. Enter the information you feel is necessary for your use on the page that opens. The only fields you need to fill in to create a roster for any NJ meet are: Last Name & First Name, then click on the proper radio button for the correct gender of the athlete. Next, midway down the page on the right under "Member of" select your team, by clicking on the triangle. Then do the same under school year. That is all any meet requires (You may enter other info as you see fit.). When you are done click OK. A new blank page for your next athlete will pop up. Continue to follow the steps outlined above in this paragraph until you have entered all your athletes. After entering your roster click cancel. Now once again, when you are done on this page, click on the icon on the top left. This will bring you back to the programs Main Menu Page. Or clickon the blue or black "X" in the upper right hand corner and this too will take you back to the home page.
That's it! You have created your roster! Now each season you can either create everything over again, or go in and delete athletes that are no longer with your program and add new ones..
HOW TO E-MAIL YOUR HYTEK LITE ROSTER:
1. Open "My Computer" or "Computer" select your (C:) Drive. Create a folder to save your rosters to. For example name it" Rosters", then right click on the folder and select "create shortcut". This will place an easy to find copy of the folder on your desktop.
2. Now open T&F TEAM MANAGER software. From the T&F TEAM MANAGER Main Menu Bar click on File, then Export, then Athletes/Teams. Under Export to Directory, select your C: Drive, next select the folder you created in step 1. The instructions on the rest of the sreen on that page are self explanitory. When you are ready - click OK. TFWin-TM will build two export files and zip them as one file. This zip file will have a name like: NATC-Roster001.zip . (Your team code will appear not NATC). After you click OK in the little dialog box that pops up, next click cancel. You can then exit T&F TEAM MANAGER.
3. Open the folder shortcut on your desktop that you created in step 1. If you see a file marked simliar to - NATC-Roster001.zip (Your team code will appear not NATC), you are all set. Proceed to your email program. If not repeat step 2 over.
4. Now, open your e-mail program. Make sure you are connected to the internet. You need not type anything in the body of the e-mail. I do however, recommend that you ask me for a confirmation. Upon my receiving your team roster, I will comply when asked!! Now you need to press the button that appears somewhere on your screen, that asks if you want to make an attachment - it may simply say (Attachments), hit the button. You will probably be looking at a dialog box that says "look in" Desktop. There should be a triangular button aiming down, immediately to the right of this choice. If not, Click on the button and select Desktop. Now look through the folders until you find the one that you created. Open it, and select the file inside that you want to send.
5. Follow your e-mail programs directions from here. Directions will vary according to your e-mail program. Just make sure you say yes to attaching the file to your e-mail where asked.
6. Hit send and you are done!!!
7. Save time Select cc: in the address part of your e-mail program and send a copy of your roster to Lou Fraulo for the state meet, and send me a copy of your team's roster for the county meet at the same time!!! Lou Fraulo's email is fraulotiming@optonline, my e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org You can cc to as many meet directors as you would like and the file will be sent to them all. All at once.
HOW TO SAVE YOUR HYTEK LITE ROSTER TO A DISK or a thumb drive: This is useful if you want to have a copy of your roster available, and with you, at a meet, in case you hear those dreaded words: "We never received your roster". You can then hand your thumb drive to the computer people and in seconds they have your roster. It beats having me, make you, type your roster at the meet. That is exactly what I have you do!!!!.
1. Open T&F TEAM MANAGER the T&F TEAM MANAGER Main Menu Bar click on File, then Export, then Athletes/Teams. Under Export to Drive, select your D E or F: drive.Depending on where your disk or thumb drive is located. The instructions on the rest of the page are self explanitory. When you are ready click OK. TFWin-TM will build two export files and zip them as one file. This zip file will have a name like: NATC-Roster001.zip . (Your team code will appear not NATC). After you click OK in the little dialog box that pops up, then click cancel. You can then exit T&F TEAM MANAGER. Click on your My Computer or Computer. Look for your drive with your disk in it. Double click on the correct drive. If you see your file there, you are all set! If not, repeat these directions again. If you see your file on your drive you selected to save it too. You can eject the disk or thumb drive and you have a back - up you can take with you to meets -Just in Case!
IF YOU STILL NEED HELP: - click on HELP found on the right of the T&F TEAM MANAGER Software itself. HELP is all the way to the right on the Main Menu Bar.